The burn this year was amazing… With my forth burn is behind me, I feel I can say, I think I know how to do it right! We had a jumbo luxury coach, a super chill theme camp, a great address, a pile of fun loving friends and good food. I set out to do more daytime burning this year, so I could see more art and hear less electronic dance music. I highlighted my schedule when we arrived and planned to cram my days with fun stuff to cut down the FOMO, but I promptly mooped that schedule and someone else must have wound up with my good time. People always ask what are the highlights, so here there are…
My list of Burning Man FAVS!
- Bar… Spanky’s wine bar. Love the buffing station!! but, I also enjoyed impromptu bartending and coming up with devilishly creative ways to torture and embarrass burners who had no cups and wanted hard liquor at a wine bar.
- Chill Zone: The 24 hour Teahouse (with wifi) at 9:15 & D. The rose tea was epic and the concoction that put you to sleep was incredibly effective
- Moment: Sunrise after the man burn at the trash fence. Magic happened that morning when Bobo’s rolled up for an ambient sunrise set
- Gated Community: Playaskool
- Nighttime Art: the photosynth booth, mid – deep playa!
- Daytime Art: “You are the Key” *I was glad to have donated to a kickstarter for this project!”
- Bonus: Having a chiropractor staying in camp
- Mistake: Being glittered at Glitter Camp! The chafing and shedding definitely dimmed my afterglow
- Surprise: Dude serving grilled cheese while reading “50 Shades of Grey” over a megaphone
- Adventure: The never ending quest for House music…